Monday, January 17, 2011

What a difference a day makes......

After storm finished sometime in the night from Saturday to Sunday, the sun came out. That gorgeous bright blue January sunshine that keeps the January blues away. (Fighting the blues with blue.......is that homeopathy?)  Virtually no cloud in the sky since yesterday morning! Of course when there is no cloud, the temperature plummets. The garbage had to go to the curb this morning, and for this short stretch hat, coat, boots and gloves were all needed, because it was -25.

Last year we got no sunshine for the whole month of January. This is very unusual, and it really wore me down. When sometime in early February we finally did have a day of nice clear sunshine in the middle of the week, I stood at the office windows like a four year old who was told she couldn't go outside.

It's our day off today, so after breakfast we worked up the courage to shovel the snow, which was luckily very light and powdery.  Then I decided that I was going back to take a few shots of the same places we visited Saturday, just to get the same subjects in this different light.

My Smart wouldn't start. Grrrrrr. It has never done that before. So I took the other car instead, and will deal with the Smart later. Maybe when the sun reaches it, I can start it. This will be the third winter with the original battery, and I am sure that like everything on that car, it is not huge.

The abandoned house, all blue today


 The dam and the ice fishing hut. It's a different one from Saturday, and it is bright blue, but I am shooting against the sunlight.


The lockmaster's house and the locks, taken from the dam. Oh that blue.......

And this is one of the ways we survive the winter. Oddly this blue light does not give me spring fever. That happens when I hear water dripping and running all around when the snow starts to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment